NewYou can listen to Fox News articles now!
Rolling Stone debunked the false narrative that Jacob Black was armed when police shot him in a Sunday profile of the progressive Senate candidate.
Music and Culture Outlet Rolling Stone Wisconsin Lt. Governor and Senate Candidate Mandela Barnes, d. He was praised in Sunday’s piece as “his own Jacob Blake, who condemned law enforcement accounts of how he shot and killed an unarmed black man.”
Rolling Stone was one of many outlets that mistakenly pushed the narrative that Blake was “unarmed” when he was shot by police.
Jacob Blake was shot 7 times in Kenosha, Wisconsin after police responded to a 911 call from the mother of his children and attempted to arrest him. The incident left him partially paralyzed and sparked a wave of violent protests in 2020. Violent protests in Kenosha caused at least $50 million in damages, and thousands of National Guard members were called in to quell the ensuing chaos.
Kenosha Police Chief Takes Parting Shots in Farewell Message
However, prosecutors revealed video evidence showing Blake holding a knife when he was shot by law enforcement. In a January 2021 interview on “Good Morning America,” Blake himself admitted to wielding the blade.
He said, “I realized I dropped my knife, there was a little pocket knife. So after I got off him I picked it up because he played me and I fell on him.”
Blake had several warrants for his arrest, ranging from disorderly conduct charges to third-degree sexual assault.
Before waiting for investigators to uncover the facts of the case, news outlets rushed to portray Blake as “unarmed.”
POLITICO tweeted that Blake was an “unarmed black man” who had been “shot in the back.”
Business owner: Kenosha ‘looks like a war zone’
CNN He described the incident in similar terms “Police shooting of unarmed black man Jacob Blake”.
Then-presidential candidate Joe Biden condemned the incident, sharing a post from his campaign website demanding an investigation so the police could be “held accountable”.
Click here to get the Fox News app
Biden’s then-consort Kamala Harris responded, declaring, “As JoeBiden said, there must be an immediate investigation and the officials involved must be held accountable.”