FBI bulletin warns of ‘dirty bomb’ threat, calls for ‘civil war’ on the rise after Mar-a-Lago attack


NewYou can listen to Fox News articles now!

A bulletin was sent to law enforcement agencies by the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigation warning of increased threats after the FBI executed a search warrant at former President Trump’s Florida estate.

In the days since the warrant was executed, the FBI and DHS have escalated “violent threats” against law enforcement, judicial and government personnel, including “a specific threat called a dirty bomb in front of FBI headquarters,” according to the bulletin.

“General calls” for “civil war” and “armed rebellion” have increased in recent days on social media.

The bulletin says many of the threats included references to claims that the 2020 election had been stolen, among other perceived claims of government overreach.

Gunman who tried to break into FBI Ohio office killed after six-hour standoff with police

Following an FBI raid on former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home in New York City.
(Felipe Ramales/Fox News Digital)

Several threats are specific, according to the bulletin, which states, “The FBI and DHS have identified multiple threats and calls for the targeted assassination of judicial law enforcement and government officials involved in the Palm Beach search, including a federal judge. The Palm Beach search warrant was approved.”

The bulletin refers to an incident on August 11 when “the FBI attempted to force entry into the Cincinnati field office.” The man, identified as Ricky Schiffer Jr., fled the scene when officers responded and later got into a standoff with law enforcement officers and FBI agents. He was gunned down after a six-hour standoff.

Agents of the FBI executed a search warrant at Trump’s Florida estate on Monday and seized items, including 11 sets of items listed as classified and some identified as top secret.

FBI Agents, Garland and Wray See Trump Death Threats Raised After Mar-a-Lago Attack: Sources

A general view of the J. Edgar Hoover FBI Building in Washington.

A general view of the J. Edgar Hoover FBI Building in Washington.
(REUTERS/Mary F. Calvert)

In a Truth Social post after the public release of the warrant on Friday, Trump said the documents taken by federal agents were “all classified.”

“Number one, it’s all classified. Number two, they didn’t need to ‘seize’ anything. They could have had it anytime without them playing politics and entering Mar-a-Lago. It’s in secure storage. An additional lock was put in at their request…” Trump said. “They could have had it at any timeā€”and that was a long time ago. All they had to do was ask. The big problem is, what are they going to do with the 33 million pages of documents, many of them classified, that President Obama took to Chicago?

Click here to get the Fox News app

A police officer speaks with a woman outside the Mar-a-Lago home of former US President Donald Trump after Trump said he was raided by FBI agents in Palm Beach, Florida, US, on August 8, 2022.

A police officer speaks with a woman outside the Mar-a-Lago home of former US President Donald Trump after Trump said he was raided by FBI agents in Palm Beach, Florida, US, on August 8, 2022.
(Reuters/Marco Bello)

The National Archives and Records Administration said in a press release President Obama Presidential records are not controlled by his administration.

Fox News’ Jacqui Heinrich contributed to this report.



Source link

Leave a Comment